- “I” or “me” refers to my business, Hannah K. Photography.
- “you”, “your” or “my” refer to the person(s) using this website and/ or have booked with Hannah K. Photography.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- Client Agreement is the contract you sign to book your wedding photography or photo shoot with me.
WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which I will always work to uphold:
- The right to access the personal data I hold about you.
- The right to have your personal data changed if any of your personal data held by me is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to be forgotten. You have the right to request that I erase your personal data which I am using where at least one of the following reasons apply:
(a) your personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected or used;
(b) the processing of your personal data is based on your consent and you have withdrawn your consent and there is no other legal basis on which I can use and process your personal data;
(c) you object to the processing as set out in the “right to object” section of this policy and I have no overriding legitimate interest for continuing to process it;
(d) your personal data has been unlawfully processed. If that’s the case then I have to remove your data by law – but I’m very careful in only collecting the data I need to do the job you hired me to do.
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal data where
(a) you contest the accuracy of your personal data and I am verifying the accuracy of the data;
(b) the processing of your personal data is unlawful, but you do not want the relevant personal data erased;
(c) I no longer need to keep your personal data, but you want to preserve your data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
(d) you have objected to me processing your data and I am considering whether my legitimate grounds override yours.
- The right to object to me using your personal data for a particular reason(s). If you ask me to stop processing your personal data on this basis, I will stop unless I can demonstrate a good reason as to why the processing should continue in line with data protection laws.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to me directly, I am using it with your consent and/ or for the fulfillment of your Client Agreement, and you are able to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services.
- You also have rights regarding automated decision making and profiling. To keep it simple, I do not obtain any personal data through automated systems.
- You also have the right to complain to the ICO (www.ico.org.uk) if you feel there is a problem with the way I am handling your data. If you do have any concerns, please do contact me first so we can work to find a common ground.
HOW DO YOU USE AND STORE MY PERSONAL DATA?
The only information I keep safe about you will be given by you! I won’t ever collect personal data about you that you haven’t given to me yourself.
The data you give to me will most likely include your name, email address, phone number, home address, social media handles/ URLs, personal interests and details about your wedding day. This data along with pictures of you will be securely stored for the purpose of contacting you, getting to know you, fulfilling the job you hired me to do and to ultimately give you the best photography experience possible.
To detail how the data you give me might be used:
- To provide and manage your access to this website.
- To personalize and tailor your experience to make it as simple and enjoyable as possible.
- To provide and manage your password protected online photo gallery.
- To supply my products and services to you (your personal details are obviously required in order for me to enter into a contract with you).
- For communicating with you and getting to know you.
- To tag you in social media posts so that you can view and share your photos easily with your friends and family.
- For marketing purposes that may include featuring photos of you on this website, on a wedding blog and/ or on social media.
HOW LONG DO YOU HOLD ON TO MY PERSONAL DATA?
Your personal data will be securely stored by me for as long as is necessary to fulfill my services to you or until you withdraw your consent. I will not exceed the 7-year restriction GDPR has put in place so this is why it explains in your Client Agreement that once your photographs have been delivered to you, it is then your responsibility to keep them safe.
IS MY DATA PROTECTED?
I ensure the security of any personal information I hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how I store, access and manage that information. The methods I use completely meet the GDPR compliance requirement. All my hard drives and cloud backups are encrypted, and the other services I use are all fully GDPR compliant.
WILL YOU SHARE MY DATA?
I may share your personal data with other companies for the purposes of contacting you, managing my workflow, marketing and fulfilling my contracted services to you. If any of your personal data is required by another company I will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, my obligations, and that company’s obligations when it comes to handling your data. If any personal data is transferred outside of the EEA, I will also take suitable steps to make sure your personal data is treated just as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR. I may also be legally required to share certain personal data if I am involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority, though this is extremely unlikely.
To be as transparent with you as I can be, here are the most common companies I may pass your personal data on to;
HelloSign – This is the website I use to email photography agreements to you so you can sign and submit them back to me seamlessly. Your email, name, and signature will be used, without this, you wouldn’t be able to book your wedding photography or photo shoot with me.
Light Blue – This is the software I use to manage my workflow. Your email address, name, phone number, home address and any other information you give me that I need to make note of will be stored here. Without Light Blue, my workflow would be a mess!
Folio Albums – This is the company I use to provide fine art albums. If you order a photo album, Folio Albums will receive your name, email address, home address and photographs to fulfill your order and send you processing and delivery updates.
Pixieset – This is the online gallery I use to deliver your photographs and where you can view, download and order prints of your photographs. Your name and email address will be used for delivery of the photographs and the photographs will be stored so you can access them at any time.
Vimeo – This is the website I use to share your wedding highlight video with you, before posting the video to you on a USB, should you book one. Your names will be on the video and the video will show footage where you are seen.
ProPhoto and WordPress – ProPhoto is a WordPress theme through which my website hannahkphotography.co.uk operates. Your name, email address and any other information you give to me via the contact form will be stored and used by me so I can contact you. Your photographs may also be shared on the website for marketing purposes and so I can share and celebrate your special day with you!
Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest – Your name and photographs may be shared on these social media platforms so you can have a preview of your photographs before receiving the final images in your online gallery and for marketing purposes. All the lovely images you see on this website and on my social pages made you want to hire me, right? Well, I hope so! My website and social accounts are my portfolios and it is key to my business to display your photos in all their glory so others can see them and hopefully decide they want photos like yours too!
Google Drive and Gmail – Your photographs, name, email address and any other information you freely provide through email or through the contact form on this site will be stored for contacting you, for my workflow and to secure a back up of your photographs.
WHAT ABOUT A SECOND PHOTOGRAPHER/ VIDEOGRAPHER?
If you have booked a second photographer or videographer to assist in documenting your special day, the second photographer/ videographer may be given your name, mobile number and email address in case they need to be in contact with you. You also have the option of either agreeing or disagreeing with the photographer/ videographer keeping and using photographs or footage of you after the photo shoot/ wedding day. I will always make sure my second photographer/ videographer is GDPR compliant.
ABOUT COOKIES (sadly, not the kind you eat.)
HOW TO CONTACT ME
ON A PERSONAL NOTE…